Sunday, March 14, 2010

Flooding

There has been extensive flooding in the area that I live. Several months ago, my girlfriend and I were coming home and our car was washed off the road. For whatever reason, I had both my laptops, and my palm top stowed in that car, as well as two analog SLRs, and lots of other personal effect.

Needless to say, I was left just a bit devastated by all of this. It's been quite an ordeal to try and rebuild everything. I lost several posts that I had been working on, documents and pictures, not to mention the film that was in those cameras.



As a result, I'm a bit behind. I've got several posts in the works, but I'm having a hard time picking up steam. Expect that you will get far more frequent posts, and some interesting photographs (mostly technology related.) from this point forward.
My poor cameras. It used to be a nice Minolta


I think the most difficult item to replace will be my beloved 200LX. I paid far too much for the first one, and I doubt that I'll have the time to find another one, or the money to pay for it at any time in the near future. For the time being, I'm considering a Tandy Model 100, or perhaps a portable word processor. 

But, as they say, life goes on. No use dwelling on that which was lost. 

In the wake of this, I scored a new desktop computer (a svelte Acer Aspire Revo) to replace my fallen laptop. I managed to replace my old cameras with some new old cameras acquired via Goodwill. I also finally got my hands on an android handset (sadly, not a nexus one or a Droid) and I am as pleased as I thought I would be with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment